To install the WP Message Search package, please undertake the following steps:
1. Download the WP Message Search zip file (WPMS zip file) from our website and save it to your computer desktop or any other suitable location that can be easily found again.
2. Create a new folder named “WP Message Search” at the place in your computers file directory where you want the Search package to permanently reside such as under the My Documents folder or at some similar location where you have write permissions. It should not be placed under C:\Program Files or any equivalent position as such locations may prevent the program from starting.
3. Move the downloaded WP Message Search zip file from your desktop into the dedicated new “WP Message Search” folder.
4. Unzip (extract) the contents of the WPMS zip file into the folder where you have just placed it. If you need software to unzip and extract the contents, we suggest using the popular 7-Zip file archiver.
Two new folders and four new files will now appear adjacent to the WPMS zip file as follows:
DFPortable 1.1.19 (folder)
Message library (folder)
Message Searching Aid (file)
Scripture Reference Search Companion (file)
Sermon Master Index (file)
WP Message Search zip file
WPMS Instructions for Users (file)
5. Move the WP Message Search zip file to a safe, separate location to store it there indefinitely as a backup copy of the Message search package you are installing.
6. Open the “DFPortable 1.1.19” folder to find the Message Search program launcher (.bat) file. It is named, “MessageSearch”.
The file is located as shown in the following diagram:
Note: Your drive letter may differ from the one shown (D) above.
7. Each time you wish to open the Message Search program, double click the “MessageSearch” file or better, create a Short-Cut (or an Alias on a macOS) to the “MessageSearch” launcher file and send it to your task bar and/or your desktop as a means by which to open the program more conveniently.
Open the search program and take a little time to read the “Introduction” information that appears in the Viewing Pane.